Friday, January 13, 2012

Fit test and moving forward

The p90x fit test was brutal and I did not do well.
Hopefully that means that I will see a great deal of improvement!
I really was not able to determine my resting heart rate.
As soon as I started the new program my POlar HR monitor crapped out.
I thought it was the battery on the receiver so I replaced it, but turns out it is like the waterpump dilemma. it is never the thermostat. well it is never the receiver battery either! Once I  replaced the battery in the receiver everything started working well and then after 12 minutes or so the display went to 0bpm.
That pretty much illuminates the transmitter as dead. to buy a new transmitter is 34 bucks. to get the old one repaired is more. Really.

So my fit test [done with Marci as my coach and timer, and Abbie and Claire (3 and 2 yr olds) imitating my every move]
  • Wide stance full hanging pull ups 0
  • Vertical leap 11"
  • Push ups 8 (had to use my fist as my left palm is still hinky from the surgery)
  • Toe touch 4-1/4" beyond toes
  • Wall squat 56 seconds
  • Bicep curls 20 @ 20lbs (both arms)
  • In and outs 20
  • Max heart rate and recovery
  • t = 0  163bpm
  • t = 1  110bpm
  • t = 2  86bpm (this is when CF decided to start bawling about crapping her diaper :) )
  • t = 3  95bpm
  • t = 4  89bpm
Hopefully this will all get better as I get in to P01x and etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment